Webinar: Impact of Flood Water on Vegetable Garden Produce and Soil
Time: Oct 16, 2018, 10:00 a.m. EST
Examine the danger of bacterial and chemical contamination of vegetable gardens that have been flooded. Identify potential problems, key indicators, and options for moving forward. What should you do with produce that is currently growing? What should you do about replanting your garden? What are the potential health risks, pathways to exposure, how to reduce risk of exposure, sources for more information and assistance?
What questions have you received from gardeners after flooding events?
What information, assistance, or resources do you need?
Impact of Flooding on Fresh Produce in a Vegetable Garden
* Dr. Ben Chapman, Associate Professor, Agricultural & Human Sciences NC State University
Impact of Flooding on Chemical Contamination of Soil
* Catherine Kastleman, Program Coordinator, Superfund Research Center, Duke Nicholas School of the Environment
* Dr. Liz Shapiro-Garza, Assistant Professor Of The Practice Of Environmental Policy and Management, Duke Nicholas School of the Environment
* Bryan Luukinen, Sr. Program Coordinator, Superfund Research Center, Duke
* Steven Yang, Masters Student Duke
* Samuel Cohen, Duke
Impact of Flooding on Biological Contaminants of soil
* Dr. Carl Crozier, Professor & Extension Specialist, Crop & Soil Sciences, NC State University Department of Crop Science
For more information see: