Managing Flooded Landscapes
Find this article at:
High winds, storm surge, and flooding can devastate your garden and landscape.
- Safety first- check for downed electrical wires and unstable buildings and trees.
- Consider Hiring a Certified Arborist – to take care of dangerous limbs, valuable trees, do tree work that can not be done from the ground, help you develop a plan for what to remove, what to prune and when.
- Rinse off saltwater and silt.
- Prune no more than necessary to remove damaged branches.
- Prevent compaction by avoiding walking on wet soil.