2018 NC State Extension Gardener Study Tour to Costa Rica
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
NC State Extension Gardener International Study Program
February 22 – March 1, 2018
LAND ONLY PACKAGE PRICE (Airfare is not included):
- Register: $2,495/person double occupancy. Includes hotels, entrance fees to all attractions, and most meals,
- Only NC EMGVs and their families may register before September 1, 2017. If there are slots available after September 1st, EMGVs across the country may register.
- $600 upgrade to single occupancy
- $1,000 deposit holds your reservation with balance due 90 days before travel
- For more info, contact Kari Laudano at (573) 303-2872 or email at email@example.com
- Day 1 (Thursday, Feb. 22nd): Arrival in Juan Santamaría International Airport. In the late afternoon, group orientation at the hotel. After arriving at the Juan Santamaria International Airport, you will have the remainder of the day to relax and take photographs. The Garden Club of Costa Rica recently recognized the the Hotel Bougainvillea as the “Best Garden of Costa Rica”Meals included: dinner at the hotel .Lodging: Hotel Bougainvillea –
- Day 2 (Friday, Feb 23rd ): Morning drive to Cartago, visiting Irazú Volcano National Park, an active volcano, where the trail leads all the way to the rim of the crater. Please be advised that the air will have a Sulphur scent, which although not overwhelming, is noticeable. Drive to the valley of Orosí, visiting a local market. Late afternoon arrival to the hotel.Meals included: Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Lodging : Hotel Río Perlas.
- Day 3 (Saturday, Feb 24th): This morning you will have some free time to enjoy the thermal water pools of the hotel. After lunch, visit to Sólo Rosas, a private garden with over 500 species of roses from all over the world. After this, drive back to San José, stopping at Mrs. Ileana Terán’s home for a visit to her private garden and enjoy coffee.Meals included: Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Lodging: Hotel Bougainvillea.
- Day 4 (Sunday, Feb 25th):
Today, drive up the mountains to the La Paz Waterfall Gardens : Walk through beautiful orchid and hummingbird gardens on your way to the magnificent waterfalls. Three kilometers of serpentine paved trails allow visitors to experience and photograph the forest as they wind through both cloud and rainforest. It has the world’s largest enclosed Butterfly Observatory covering 18,000 sq ft with many species of colorful native Costa Rican butterflies, plants and animals. In addition you will likely see jungle cats, hummingbirds and other birds, snakes, frogs, monkeys and more. Meals included: Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Lodging: Hotel Bougainvillea.
- Day 5 (Monday, Feb 26th):Morning visit to Sibü Chocolates where you will taste your way through the history of chocolate with Julio and George, the master chocolatiers.After this, drive to the Central Pacific Coast, stopping on the way at the Orchid Garden, where you will have lunch and enjoy a walk in the garden.Meals included: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Lodging: Hotel San Bada
- Day 6 (Tuesday, Feb 27th) :Morning visit to Manuel Antonio National Park which was listed by Forbes among the world’s 12 most beautiful national parks.Free afternoon to enjoy the beach or relax at the hotel.Meals included: breakfast, lunch, dinner. Lodging: Hotel San Bada
- Day 7 (Wednesday, Feb 28th):Morning visit to Villa Vanilla, for the Rainforest Spices tour, where you will experience de sight, tastes and scents of vanilla, cinnamon, pepper and other tropical spices, essential oils plants and a wide variety of ornamental plants. After lunch, drive back to San José, where you will have some free time to enjoy the gardens of Hotel Bougainvillea and get ready for your flight back home.Meals included: Breakfast, lunch, dinner. Lodging: Hotel Bougainvillea.
- Day 8 (Thursday, Mar 1st):Breakfast at the hotel, and transfer to the SJO international airport
Reviews from previous participants:
- “Absolutely Phenomenal”
- “The trip was amazing in every way!”
- “The best and most fun activities ever! Well planned and executed. . . really hard to choose a best because each outing was so much fun.”
- “Wonderful! Great learning experience!”
- “Couldn’t be happier. A wonderful experience. Took just over 1,000 photos”
- Charlotte Glen, NC State
- Shawn Banks, NC State
Tour being Coordinated in part by Hidden Treasures Tours
For more information, contact Kari Laudano at (573) 303-2872
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org